Absentee by mail application; Absentee by Mail (Spanish)
Absentee by travel board application
Please note that Indiana does not allow digital signatures on absentee ballot applications.
For the 2020 Primary Election on June 2, 2020, absentee applications to vote by mail must be received by Thursday, May 21, 2020; absentee applications to vote by travel board must be received by noon, Monday, June 1, 2020. We can receive your application by mail, fax, email or hand-delivery.
We will begin mailing ballots for the 2020 Primary Election on or before March 21, 2020.
If you have any questions please call us at 574-535-6469 from 8-5 on Mondays and 8-4 Tuesday through Friday.
Mailing/Hand-delivery Address: Elkhart County Election Board; 101 N. Main St., Room 204, Goshen, IN 46526
Fax Number: (574) 535-6471.
Instructions for completing absentee applications:
- In the first section please PRINT your name, date of birth and registration address. Your registration address is your home address (number and street), no P.O. boxes. Please include your phone number as well, so that we may contact you if we have questions about your application.
- If you are voting by mail at an address other than your home address or need your ballot sent to a P.O. box, please complete section 2, “Absentee Ballot Mailing Address.”
If you are voting by travel board, please also indicate the address to which the travel board should visit you prior to election day.
- A: For absentee by mail applications please select one option in section 4 “Reason to Vote Absentee Ballot by Mail”.
B: For travel board applications please select one option in section 1 in the box that says “I qualify to vote by traveling board because."
- The person whose name is on the application must sign and date the application at the bottom. If you cannot sign your name please make a distinguishing mark. A person cannot sign an absentee application on behalf of another person other than a power of attorney. If a power of attorney signs an absentee application, State law requires that a copy of the power of attorney be provided with the completed application.
- If a person is helping another person fill out an absentee application, the person assisting must fill out the section “Information of Individual Assisting Absentee Ballot Applicant”