Absentee Voting Facts and Deadlines
- Absentee ballot applications to vote by mail or traveling board for the 2019 General Election must be submitted to the Circuit Court Clerk's Office. There are several ways to submit them, as outlined below.
- Applications to vote absentee by mail must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 24, 2019. The post-mark date does not apply. Click here to obtain an absentee ballot by mail application (En Español)
- Applications to vote absentee by travel board must be received by noon on Monday, November 4, 2019. The post-mark date does not apply. Click here to obtain an absentee ballot by travel board application
Note: Travel board is for those who are confined or disabled and are in need of assistance marking their ballot, or for someone who is caring for such a person.
- Applications may be hand-delivered, mailed, or faxed and will not be accepted at any other location. Applications can now also be submitted by e-mail, see details regarding all methods of submitting an application, below.
How to submit absentee ballot applications:
- Hand-Delivery: Circuit Court Clerk, 101 N. Main St., Rm. 204, Goshen, IN 46526
- Mail: ATTN: Christopher, Elkhart County Election Board, 101 N. Main St., Rm. 204, Goshen, IN 46526
- Fax: (574) 535-6471